Thursday, June 11, 2009

Burn Baby Burn

And the Brewing Continues!  Tonight the specialty is a really dark Porter that I created the recipe for.  I take it as a good sign that while holding the recipe, Buffett tried to jump up and take it out of my hand and eat it.  Considering that Buffett ate the recipe of our first beer, and that it came out quite nice, I hope that this pattern continues.  Highlights of the night:
-Dan spills beer on himself  ( auspicious sign)
-Dan burns his forearm
-We drink some ridiculously good beer while brewing
-Dan burns his fingers
-We drink more ridiculously good beer 
-The Beer boils over and gets the flour all sticky
-I forget what I am doing and almost don't add the second round of hops
-We drink even more ridiculously good beer 
-We create lake Cox in my kitchen when we lose track of one of the hoses for the wort chiller. Luckily the towels came out quickly and we also used Buffett to mop up the floor, which saved the night.
-We get to watch as our beer gets poured into a fancy new clear carboy so we can watch the fermentation happen.
-We drink EVEN more ridiculously good beer.
We'll let you know how it tastes in 2 weeks.  Keep your fingers crossed

No comments:

Post a Comment