Sunday, June 21, 2009

And the Brewing Continues. Well this raining cold weather might be crappy, but it does have one good side effect.  It makes for perfect brewing weather.  All righty folks based upon all the useful comments from the party last night, I have brewed a second version of our original brown ale.  I have added some more hops and tweaked the type of sugars used, to give it more body.  
The night went like pretty much every other brewing night, complete with disasters, more flooding and hilarious dog interventions.  This time however it was just me and Buffett because Dan was at a concert and missed the craziness.  Buffett again tried to eat the recipe.  But this time it is because I decided that it was good luck, and I held it right over his head until he went for it.  He also started licking the beer hose that I had spent 20 minutes sanitizing.  Have I mentioned this dog loves everything to do with beer? Then out of some odd universal energy shift, I became very clumsy and started injuring myself.  This started with a steam scalding and ending when I knocked myself on the floor and got a gash in my head from a cabinet door.  I am a superstitious man and I believe that if you truly want to make something great, then you have to be willing to pay the price and sacrifice.  Haha, I think that knocking myself out in search for the perfect beer recipe counts as paying my dues. The beer is in the fermenter and it smells beautiful, so with a little magic and some good sanitation we might have a good beer on our hands in 2 weeks.  We have one name that is the frontrunner for this particular beer, and that is 'Break a leg Brown Ale', cleverly thought up by Dee last night.  If you have any more great name suggestions send them our way.  Night everyone, hope the rain doesn't get you down.  I recommend having a beer and kickin back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment