Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Sissy Bitch Stout

"What's that you're drinking over there?"

"Oh, this? It's a sissy bitch stout."

This was a theoretical conversation Brad and I had involving the naming of our new stout. In one of the more disastrous filled brewing evenings in recent memory, a few highlights include:

1) splashing the pot when the grain bag got stuck on the kettle thermometer... all over the kitchen. I think we got about 3 feet of distance on a few splashes

2) my face having a near death experience... while stirring in the LME to the boil, the can slipped through my hand splashing the boiling water into my face. luckily, due to him being tall (bastard), brad was spared.

3) clogged ball valve in transfer to the carboy. not once, not twice, but about 8 times. damn cocoa nibs.

In good news... my face is fine after a brief scare involving some red leopard-eque spots for about an hour or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment